Monday, December 1, 2008

Pirates. . . Argggg

In the beginning of November one of my students asked me if they were ever going to study Pirates in a history class. I told them no, but as I thought about it and in trying to come up with an activity to happen after they reported on current events, I decided that we'd learn about the modern day pirates. The best part was that the Pirates helped me by making news a few days later capturing an oil tanker. The Indian navy helped me tie it to my current unit South Asia. So now they are excited about the Pirates and I want to create a Pirate Central area where they can learn about the Pirates latest adventures. I need a catchy name for the pirate bulletin board. Anyone have any ideas? How about your pirate crazy kids?

4 comments:

Mike & Michelle said...

How about THE PLANK...or Rape pillage and plunder, or Blackbeard, or Black Pearl, Or Johnny Depp

Shannon said...

Okay I have a few for you:
The Pirates Lair
Highlights from the High Seas
High Sea Heists (or High Sea Happenings)

What great timing for this fun unit.

Jannie said...

I like all of those ideas. How about The Treasure Chest or Captain Hook's Hauntings? There are a lot of good ideas you could use!!

Katie S said...

I'll have to go through Lincoln's pirate book and let you know.