Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Snow day

I know I should take pictures and put it up, but I bought a new computer and I haven't loaded my picture software. 2 weeks ago I was complaining because it was 82 and muggy in Hawaii. Now I'm complaining because it's been 18-20 when I leave for work and we had some snow this weekend. Monday school started 2 hours late due to snow/ice and today I've experienced my first snow day ever at school. Since I went to school and taught most of my career in Calfornia I've never had a snow day. I had a couple of days off last year due to a fire, but never snow. I may not even make it to work tomorrow. A second round of snow is due to fall in my district tonight. The ironic thing is this is the warmest day we've had in a week and there is no snow falling at my house and very little rain. The district I work in has 100 square miles and at a higher elevation that where I live - so I'm sure that there is plenty of snow there!

1 comment:

Laurie Nguyen said...

Keep warm! It's snowing down here too. Acton and Palmdale received snow. Weird, huh?