Monday, December 8, 2008

Thanksgiving

I think this Thanksgiving will go down in the history books for me. Not just because I cooked the whole thing from scratch, pie crust and all, but because of how much fun I had with my parents and sisters. It was so great to have my mom and dad in town. We drove around Seattle, spent some time watching Jeremy fly his amazing kites, and went out to Bainbridge island on a ferry and sat around and played Rock Band. Dad slept a good portion of the time, but even that was fun and nostalgic. I'm really grateful for my family. I'm grateful for everything they have given me and everything they have made me. You know, we are all really blessed when it comes to our family. Thank you all.




Gotta have turkey apples!


My apple pie made from SCRATCH!

3 comments:

Jannie said...

EVERYTHING from scratch - pies, rolls, stuffing, etc. It was great and tasted so good. We all would like you to post your "Amy's No-Fail Thanksgiving Dinner" recipes!!! You were the best!!!
Thank you, girls, for a memorable Thanksgiving for me as well. Seattle is so green and the lakes are big and beautiful. I don't know how people burn wood though, in their fireplaces. Hmmmm...
Thanks for the most relaxing Thanksgiving in my memory!!!

Holly said...

IT looks like you had a super holiday-- and Mel-- I am loving that chocolate brown sweater on you!

Katie S said...

Yum! Looks good! I'm glad you had a fun Thanksgiving!! See you in a few weeks!