Thursday, December 18, 2008

Snow Day #2

I will be posting pictures of Washington Snow (wet & icy - Utah does have excellent snow!) in the near future since it has finally started snowing at my house during the "December Storm". Several times during the night I got up to check and see if it was raining/snowing/hailing/sleeting yet. No - nothing. I got a call at 5:25am saying that school was giong to start 2 hours late due to ice. I looked outside at 6am and it had started raining. I checked the news it was snowing in Bellvue (halfway between my house and work). 20 minutes later the call came cancelling school. Fun!!! It will not be so cool at the end of the year when I lose my four day Memorial Day weekend and have to go to work an extra day at the end of the year - but a day to finish Christmas preparations, sleep a little, read, clean the house and maybe venture out for fake firewood aka duraflame(we can't seem to get real wood to burn completely or even halfway - we build a great fire, but the wood was cheap - so I don't think it's dry enough). I think Amy's going to play hooky today too!

No comments: