Saturday, March 29, 2008

Cowboys are my heroes


Today Amy & I checked off one of our things to do before we leave Southern California today - we went to the Gene Autry Western Museum in Griffth Park. I've driven past it countless time, and have always wanted to see what was inside. So today we went in. They had an exhibit on the streets in Los Angeles named after Saints that was really cool. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints has donated lots of items including a first edition Book of Mormon as part of the different communities of the West. I saw a painting about Westward Expansion that is used in my history books and I have used an overhead of it countless times. They had the actual painting (yes I bought a print in the museum store!)!!!!!. We saw all sorts of guns and western movie memorabilia. Amy sat on a saddle and got to be part of a movie scene. We had lunch in the cafe. The museum wasn't laid out well, but they did have some cool stuff. I think we are going to get Grandpa Carter's birthday gift there. Lincoln & Sawyer are going to have a cool gift arriving at their house soon!

3 comments:

Katie said...

I've always wondered about that place. It sounds like it might be a worthwhile stop next time we are in the area.

Can't wait to see what L & S's wonderful aunts sent to them! It's something quiet, right? :) Totally kidding.

Shannon said...

I think you guys should post your list of things to do before you leave. That museum wouldn't have been on my list but know it is. The two of you sound like you have tons of fun together. I love having sisters!

Katie said...

Thanks for the gifts! The boys have been having a great time with the handcuff-es (as Lincoln says). You are the best aunts ever!