Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Back to the land of the living

Hi everyone!

I'm back in the land of the living! I'm healthy and back to breathing normally. So that's good!

Things are starting to heat up a little bit here, and I'm not just talkin about the weather! As the countdown to the move date continues, the number of things we have to do goes up. We're looking for jobs, checking out the housing market, saving money, planning trips, and trying to find cheap boxes. (If you know where I can find cheap boxes, let me know.) So we're doing all of that and trying to keep up with our classes and normal lives. So it's a bit busy.

Sunday was eventful in my life as I was released as the Primary President. I've had big callings before, but this if the first time I was released and felt like I could almost instantly sit up straighter. I was suprised by the amount of mental space the release opened up. I love the Primary. I love children. I think we highly underestimate the capabilities of children to understand the gospel. I had great success with teaching children things like the apostasy and the restoration. I really fee like my experience allowed me to understand the commandment to become like a little child greater. It was an amazing experience, one that I am grateful for.

Well.. that's it for now. I'm going to try and be better about this whole blog thing as I've become addicted to reading so many of yours. Thanks for sharing!

Amy :)

2 comments:

Katie said...

I am glad to hear you are feeling better. I hate being sick. There's nothing worse. Ok, some things are worse, but you know what I mean.

I agree that we underestimate children's ability to learn and comprehend gospel topics. I learn a lot from my kids!

I'm glad to hear you're released and one step closer to Seattle!

Shannon said...

Wow primary president. That is one that scares me for some reason (maybe because you are responsible for finding so many subs when teachers don't show up (smile)).I bet you were wonderful. I'm a counselor right now there and just love it. Guess your ward is just grearing up for your big move huh? Well enjoy the extra space in your brain...