Monday, March 24, 2008

Nothing Like the Geek Squad


Well I had to leave my computer with the Geek Squad. (I'm using Amy's right now) A couple of months ago I believe I wrote about my problem with Microsoft and Windows. Aside from the fact I couldn't use my windows installer, the computer was okay - well freezing once in a while. Friday, I decided that I would download some new music to use in class for the 60's, 70's, & 80's and to prepare for the long driving trip to Washington State in June. I open iTunes - it won't open - something is wrong with the settings. I go to the help section, where it tells me there is something wrong with my Quicktime application and I need to reinstall it. So I try that and guess what I need - that's right - the Windows installer. Now I can live without Microsoft Money, new games, even Outlook - but I cannot live without my music. I copied all my music, documents, and photos onto my external hard drive and took my computer to the Geek Squad at Best Buy today. It will take two weeks because they are so backed up. I'm not happy - but I've got to have iTunes - at least when I get it back I can finally install Microsoft Money!

1 comment:

Katie said...

I wish I knew how to be a member of the Geek Squad - then I could fix problems myself. Maybe that would be a cool super power - to be able to fix all things computer!

Sorry about the music. That would be miserable. But, as Karen Carpenter said, "Sing, Sing a Song..."