Sunday, February 24, 2008

Rowdy Busch Wins!!!!

Yesterday was the best day!!!!!! Amy & I went to the Speedway in Fontana for our Saturday of NASCAR Racing. The weather has been wet this week - so I went prepared with ponchos. We got there about 9:30 am and I don't think Amy stopped laughing the whole time. She wasn't quite prepared for the experience. She's often remarked that we are becoming a little "trashy" because we like "Trick My Truck" and watch NASCAR. I think her mind was more at ease after yesterday's visit to the track. We walked around the speedway. I bought a Kyle Busch shirt. We saw the Speed TV stage, rented our scanner so we could listen to the crews and drivers talk and climbed to our seats. I thought the hike with Dad in the Uintahs was bad. I need to train to climb the bleachers. Our seats were awesome!!!! We were on the exit from Pit row and it was great! We saw the Nationwide drivers practice first. Then was the Craftsman Truck Race. It was cool. The trucks are loud and go fast!!! The best part of the race was watching Kyle Busch drive. He is an amazing driver. He ran away with the race. After the race we saw about 30 minutes of Cup practice and then it started to rain. Amy and I put on our ponchos and stayed put. We could do that because our ponchos smelled better than Dad's ponchos did. We waited and waited. We had a second race to watch. It rained harder and then stopped. They started drying the track and had it mostly dry until it started raining again. Amy was getting cold and neither of us wanted to get sick - so we threw in the towel at 5 and came home. Just as we got home NASCAR called off the race - so at least we didn't miss it by coming home. I had a great time. Probably the best day I've had in a long time. I really want to take a road trip to Vegas to see them race next weekend, but I have to go to the yucky Single Adult Conference. But that's a topic for another post. We took a few pictures, but we took our regular cameras not digital - so when we get them back we'll post them!
Mel

2 comments:

Katie said...

Is Kyle the M&M guy? That sounds like a fun time. I've been to many demolition derby's, so I feel like I can somehow relate on a small level. Although, your experience sounds much better.

Heather said...

Hey, you should have told me you were going to be out my way! I would have come out to see you for quick visit! Looks like you had fun.