Wednesday, February 6, 2008

MI-5


I just have to say that I have Britishized our house. I make Amy watch the BBC too much. If we aren't watching BBC America we are watching some other BBC program on DVD. I got into BBC America long ago with Changing Rooms (the original Trading Spaces), Ground Force (landscaping), The original The Office, and now I'm watching You Are What You Eat, How Clean Is Your House, etc. Our favorite BBC program is MI-5 which was called Spooks in Britain. MI-5 is about the security service of Britain. They are the internal James Bonds. I don't know if I like it because I wanted to be a spy (thanks to Mr. Royce who led me to spy novels in High School English) or because I think Matthew Mcfayden (Pride & Prejudice 2005) is cute! But on my sick day this week I went to Barnes and Noble and bought Season 1 on DVD. We can't watch them when Amy has to do work because it distracts her. We watch Holmes on Homes instead.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Where do you find BBC shows? I get PBS - is it on there? Maybe it's time we ditched our bunny ears and got "real" tv. I tried watching the british "Office" - I didn't really get it. Although, this MI-5 sounds cool.

Mel said...

Most of the time I catch them on BBC America on Cable, but I also get them from Netflix

Heather said...

I love BBC comedies. The Vicor of Dibley is one of my favs. You will have to check it out!