Monday, July 13, 2009

Road Trip - Day three - My Birthday - Kallispel to Dillon, MT

Today I am old - 36. I spent my day driving from Kallispel in northern Montana to Dillon, Montana in the southern part of MT about 2 hours from Idaho Falls. Dillon is where one of my good friends from BYU's parents live. She is here with her kids visiting her parents and I got invited to come and crash the party for a few days.
As I was driving I stopped in a town for some lunch (name has escaped me - since Amy & Abbie called and sang Happy Birthday to me). The gas station is surrounded by these fake plastic palm trees in different colors - it was so weird I had to take a picture.

Anne's parents live on a beautiful piece of land on the edge of Butte. The kids rode 4 wheelers before we went to Anne's grandparents for dinner. The kids sang happy birthday a billion times and we also had a cake for me. It was really nice!

1 comment:

Mike & Michelle said...

Mel,

Happy Birthday!! We tried calling but I unfortunately still have a old phone number saved in my phone. I think its a Cal. number. Sorry. Sounds like you are having a great road trip!! We will see you this weekend...I think. Drive safe. Love you.
Mike Michelle Crew