Saturday, July 11, 2009

Road Trip Day 1 - Home-Kallispel, MT

It's been a long day -can you tell from the look on my face? Sometime on Thursday I messed up a few muscles in my back. I spent most of yesterday in pain while trying to pack and finish errands. While still in a lot of pain this morning I got in my car and began driving. I drove across Washington and took a detour to visit a famous quilt store - the Buggy Barn - the owners design fabric and patterns and they always have cute stuff on their website - I don't recommend an in person visit, unless you already live there - plus you have to drive down a dirt/gravel road for 1 1/2 miles (my new car and my back did not like it!). Once I connected back up with I-90 I drove through Idaho and then took a scenic route to Kallispel, MT. As I came down the hill/mt there was Flathead Lake.
Flathead Lake is very well known to me - I've never been there until today, but I've seen plenty of pictures, drawings, and even a map because my friend Anne's family has a place on the lake and it's her most favorite place in the whole world. So I felt like I was greeted by a familiar sight.

I guess sitting in the same position most of the day has been good for my back, even though it hurt all during the drive it's feeling better now.
Tomorrow I'm heading to Glacier National Park and either drive or ride the shuttle on the Going to the Sun Road!


No comments: