Thursday, July 3, 2008

My own Private Idaho


Yesterday I drove across the great state of Idaho. Of course I didn't think it was all that great when it was 96 and no air in my car. But it is a great state. Not only were four of my siblings educated in that state, but some of my friends too! I've made many drives to Boise - my favorite city in Idaho - in my early post college years.
Probably the best part of Idaho is that one of my best friends (I was informed by her daughter that I'm her mom's second best friend after her daddy) now lives in Idaho again. Even better is that her house is half way between my new home in Washington and my parent's house is Utah. I drove in late in the day on Monday and stayed overnight. I was planning to leave early in the morning so I wouldn't have to drive in 96+ heat, but I'm a sucker for her kids. They are the best and didn't want me to leave & let's be honest I didn't want to drive in the heat so I put it off until I had to! I can't wait to stop by on my way back!

2 comments:

Holly said...

You should hear them, Mel-- you are all they can talk about..."when is Melody coming back? I can't wait to see her, Mom!"

Katie S said...

The kids are on to something - you're a great aunt!!

Sounds like a fun trip (so far!) - we'll get together before you head back.