Friday, June 27, 2008

I have a job!!!


Today I was officially offered at job with the Issaquah School District teaching World Studies (non European history) to 9th graders at the Pacific Cascade Freshman Campus. The school only has Freshman, and after this next year will become a middle school. The contract is only a one year contract, which is standard for Washington - so I may or may not have to look for a new job next year, but I'm employed now!!!!! Now I can also change my cell phone number!!!!Congrats to me!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Congratulations! What a relief for you. Now Amy we will keep our fingers crossed that you find one soon too.

Is that a shot of your apartment? Very cute.

Shannon said...

Oh wait, is that the school. I now see florescent lights on in the top windows. Hummm.

Jess/Nate&Family said...

Hey Mel and Amy it's jessica your cousin and Hey i found you. I wanted to say hi and i sure miss you guys. Congrats on your job. I am trying to fight the city and start a city pool to start teaching swim lessons. . .crazy! Well chat with ya later.
Jess

Jannie said...

Congratulations, Mel! After this first year, I'm sure you won't have trouble teaching again. You're a great teacher!!
Love,
MOM

Katie S said...

Way to go!! That's great!! It sounds like a lot of fun.