Thursday, February 11, 2010

Valentine Cookies

Today I was home from work, I'm calling it a mental health day.  So I made Valentine Cookies.
This is my Mom's favorite Sugar Cookie Recipe:
1 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Powdered Sugar
1 Cup butter
1 Cup of Oil
2 Eggs
2 tsp Vanilla

5 Cups Flour

1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Soda
1 tsp Cream of Tartar


Cream the first column of ingredients until fluffy, then mix in the flour, salt, soda, and cream of tartar. Chill the dough for 1-2 hours. Roll out and cut out shapes of your choice. Bake for 6-7 minutes at 350. The cookies will not brown, so don’t over bake!

I usually make my favorite frosting, but I needed the frosting to set enough to be packaged for my primary kids - so I decided to try an icing.  I've never really iced before, so it was a little messy but it was okay.  I got the recipe for the icing here: http://www.ourbestbites.com/


To disguize my messyness I decided to drizzle some icing across the hearts and then some sprinkles. 

While I was baking, icing, watching some NASCAR, the doorbell rang.  The UPS guy left me a package.  Inside was this:
An orchid, sent to me by the Millers!  Thanks!

1 comment:

Katie S said...

Are these the super-good and super-soft cookies your mom makes? THanks for posting the recipe!!