Saturday, August 8, 2009

Trip Catch Up!

My four week trip is over! Here's what happened the rest of the trip:

BYU Family History Conference: Four days at BYU getting inspired and wonderful ideas on doing my family history. I'm really glad I went & I hope I'll go next year!

Last days at home: Mom & I hung out in the basement. Monday I hung out with Lincoln and Sawyer in the morning. We went to Office Depot, where as soon as Sawyer saw a Tony Stewart cut out he said - NASCAR! We also visited Target and then Sawyer & I played Wii. The afternoon was spent with my cousin Dallis where we shopped University Mall. Mom, Dad & I went out for dinner.

Tuesday morning I left for Boise to spend a few days with Holly & family. The new baby is beautiful and I had a great time with the kids. On Wednesday I saw Dr. Miller and found out I have no cavities! Thursday afternoon I went to see a friend from my younger days - Piper. It was a lot of fun to see her and remember the days in the Westminster 1st ward.

Friday I drove home. Eastern Oregon is a big place - especially when the speed limit is 65 and you happen to watch the Highway Patrol pull over someone every 40 minutes. I did take a detour through Baker City - very cute place - and wished I had my cousin Brent's phone number with me so I could have stopped and said hi at their place (the only pretty part of the drive through Oregon). I never had to stop for gas the whole trip home until I got off the freeway at home (only 5 miles left in the tank). That was really nice (except the price of gas here in WA).

That's my trip! It was a great time!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I'm glad you are home safe. That was quite a trip. How fun to have seen the family and friends that you did...not to mention all the quilting shops. You have reached a new level or womanhood doing all the on your own. Very cool.