Sunday, June 21, 2009

Anne Nicole Briggs Fuller

Today my first real friend from college turns a year older. I think we get along much better than we did during college for a variety of reasons - mostly because we are no longer really young, young adults. One of my favorite memories is when she was first married and was spending the summer in Barrow, Alaska. She got to call me for her birthday! She was also the person I made my first baby blanket/quilt attempt for when she had her first child Lisa & I drove to Colorado to spend a few days with them. I love that she is highly organized (she'll deny that, but she is) and loves to read. I am grateful that she shares her family with me and tolerates my week long visits. I get to be an honorary aunt to her four children. I'm glad that she let me buy her a sewing machine for her birthday one year so we can quilt and make stuff for her house. This year for her birthday & Christmas she is getting a Queen size quilt - I'm going to spend most of today and tomorrow working on it - so I can drop it off for quilting on my vacation. Of course I can't find a picture of the two of us together - so we'll have to settle for a picture of her first quilting project:


Next year I'll have to find all the college photos!

No comments: