Saturday, October 4, 2008

I'm a slacker . . . .

. . . . really a tired, runny nose, stressed out teacher who is trying to figure out how to do her job!!! My students are great. So great I don't know what to do with them. When I finally make it home, I'm so tired I can't think straight and therefore can't really make an intellegent post. My students do their homework. They have discussions that are actually about what I ask them to discuss. I rarely have to repeat instructions. They are quiet when I ask them to be. It's a little scary. I've never had students like that! My students in Northern California has moments like that, but not every day. I really like my students too! The great thing about being in a school with one grade is that they aren't in such a hurry to be "mature" like the seniors and they have time to just be themselves. They like it too! I don't have any crazy stories. They are pretty logical. One did ask if Genovia was a real place and if they could research it for our United Nations project. (the answer was no). I'm doing the project with my students and I chose New Zealand - so if my New Zealand friends are reading this - let me know about any major events/political issues that come up. I promise I'll post more as things settle down for me at work!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Genovia, it that from the Princess Diaries? Very cute.

Congrats on the great classes and I hope that every semester treats you this well.

Jannie said...

Keep trying, Mel! You are a great teacher and I know you really care about WHAT you teach. We are praying you will get well.

Holly said...

Who ever said that being a teacher is an "easy" job must've not really done any teaching. Think of that ripple effect-- and how you are improving the world, one student at a time.