Sunday, August 3, 2008

We're Under Attack

For the past four days, about 2 hours a day we've been under attack from the air. Thankfully it's only been American airpower without any explosions and the attacks have been breathtaking! We've had the Navy's Blue Angels in town providing an air show for Seattle's Seafest over Lake Washington. While we don't have the greatest view of the main show area from our side of the lake, we can catch some cool maneuvers from our balcony. They are loud even when they are more than a mile away. Yesterday I sat outside to try and catch some pictures of the Blue Angels.
From a show I watched in the past I know that the show starts with their support plane flying in:


Later on they loop and fly in formation:

(you can see them if you make it bigger)

Then towards the end of the show, the planes fly East and circle around and come back towards the lake right over our house:


It is so loud and Awesome in a reverent and cool way.

2 comments:

Jannie said...

I grew up watching the Blue Angels and other airplanes - my Dad was the best!!! You are right when you say it is awesome in a reverent way. It really is. My dad shared some amazing facts about flying those jets, so I have a deep love and respect for those aircraft. I'm glad you got to see them. You live in a wonderful place!

Jenn said...

Got your new address in the mail! Love the blog. Hope you two are doing great. I'll keep reading...