Sunday, November 7, 2010

A week late, but they're still good

One of the best memories I have from my years at BYU was my freshman (or sophomore year - it's a little bit of a blur) year when a box from home arrived for Halloween.  In the box were the best cookies I ever had - I call them pumpkin face cookies.  The cookies aren't made with pumpkin, but you decorate them like pumpkin faces.  The original recipe calls for string licorice to make the mouths, but I prefer to melt chocolate chips and make my own mouths.  I pretty much make these every year now at Halloween and it's hard to not just eat them constantly - they are that good!  To keep Amy & I from eating them all, I mailed some to two of my former students who are in college. 

The happy face (represents Amy)


The mad face (represents Me)

1 comment:

Jannie said...

I totally forgot to make these cookies this year! I'm so glad you guys did! Yummy!!
I may have to make some for Thanksgiving...can you decorate them like turkey faces? What do you think?