Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving

Melody and I spent Thanksgiving at home this year. We had a food storage dinner! It was actually super easy and quite tasty! All I did was make a small turkey breast - super convenient freezer to oven type, and make homemade rolls. Melody did all the rest of it! Mashed potatoes, stuffing, green beans, jello w/bananas, and homemade pumpkin cheesecake!! Thank you, Melody! Other than the cheesecake, it took about 30 minutes to do all the rest of it! Gotta love it!


My friend Erika came over and ate with us. She said, and I quote "this is the most beautiful Thanksgiving dinner I've ever been too!" It wasn't all that... but it was quite tasty and very fun!

I tried to make everyone say what they were thankful for while we were eating, but no one seemed very excited about it. So..... here goes, in no particular order:

Safe arrival of a new nephew
Wonderful family reunion with all of my family
Losing 70 lbs. and becoming more healthy
Getting back in touch with old friends
Better understanding the grey area of life
My best friend, my mom
Gaining a great appreciation for others

2 comments:

Abbie said...

Where are the Apple Turkeys???? Glad you had a good day.

Jannie said...

And I am thankful for 2 wonderful daughters and their good friend (my adopted daughter)who spent the day together enjoying simple good food and the friendship and love of each other. Doesn't get much better than that.
And thank you, Amy, for being my best friend as well.