Thursday, November 26, 2009

Words of Love


It's been a really long month.  Both of our grandmothers have been in the hospital and Grandma Smith passed away November 13.  Amy & I drove to Utah and spent last week with our family, seeing our cousins, aunts, uncles, grandpa, and attending the funeral.  Amy stayed for Thanksgiving and I came home last weekend.  On the way home I stayed at my friend Holly's house.  Saturday morning her girls made me a book and then when I got home I found a surprise in my purse.  A chain of people - all the family plus me (I get to hold the baby and Roarke's hand, but Holly has to stand on the other side of me!)  and notes from everyone tell me that they love me.  That was a great surprise and one I really needed.  They've been sitting on the piano where I can see it every day!  Thanks to my two "nieces" for making my day a little better!

2 comments:

Holly said...

I'll tell them, they'll love that you found it...I didn't know they'd done that either. I think they love you, huh?

Holly said...

I just let the girls read that post which, of course, thrilled them...but you know why? Because you called them your "nieces."
xoxoxox from Sadie and Em