Wednesday, May 13, 2009

My Birthday - In 54 Days

I'm not counting down to my birthday - I don't really want to add another year to the total - I can't even remember the total - I'm just allowing you to plan ahead. I like to plan ahead - I don't always do it, but I really do like to know what needs to be done now so I can have it ready in two months. Plus we needed a new post.

This is what I want this year:


Maybe not that specifically, but I would like school supplies. I am a little picky about some of my supplies - but with budgets being cut I'm not able to get some of my supplies through work this year. Plus some people that would get me a gift have the back to school sales before I do. I'm willing to do the shopping myself at Target or Walmart or an office supply store if you want to get a gift card.
I need to buy:
Colored pencils - I prefer crayola, but it doesn't matter - usually you can a box of 12 for a $1 or less at back to school time. I can never have enough colored pencils

EXPO White board markers - This is brand specific - the cheaper ones don't last as long and don't erase as well

Markers not thin tip ones, but the fat/round/chisel tip - not permanent ones and not washable ones. I usually buy the crayola ones on sale at back to school - but again it doesn't matter because my students use them - not me. I'm also in the market for one or two sets of the Mr. Sketch scented markers - (if you ever see them on sale pick one up for me & I'll send you money for it.)

Sharpies - black ultra fine tip and fine point (it doesn't have to be sharpie brand - but they support NASCAR so that's what I usually buy)

Post it notes I use these a lot in class for different activities - brand & color doesn't matter. I use a lot of the small size 2 x 1 1/2 and the square ones, but I've also cut them down to the size I need

Paper clips - doesn't matter what color/brand/ or what they are made out of. I use them and lose them a lot!

Glue Sticks

White out
- either liquid or the tape kind

Staples

scratch n sniff stickers
- yes 9th graders (& 10 & 11 & 12th) love them

highlighers

binder clips
(not gigantic ones, but average to small)

If you don't want to get school supplies - Barnes & Noble
Can't afford to get anything - a card or postcard is wonderful - or make a CD of music to play in class (no swearing, etc.)

Thanks!
Mel

1 comment:

Katie S said...

Hmmmm - how about a gift card to Staples? :)