Sunday, May 24, 2009

It's time for a new post & the race is in Rain Delay

I don't have much to say and no pictures to post because I'm too lazy to go upstairs and get my camera - so I'll just update a little. It's Memorial Day weekend. Last year we were frantically packing getting ready for the big move. This year we are resting. Saturday we did some cooking/backing. I made freezer jam on my own for the first time and most of it has appeared to turn out okay. Only two jars didn't quite set - but we are eating them first. Amy made Salsa, rolls, and omelets. We went to Target. Today we went to church. I had one primary child and so I took in two others and sent their other teachers to the big people classes. There were more adults in Senior Primary than Primary children. Most weeks the ratio is close to 1:1 this week I think it was almost 3:1. This afternoon I've cut 264 1 1/2" squares for a quilt I'm making for my friend Anne while Amy did some organizing in the craft room. We've been waiting for the Coca-Cola 600 race to start, but it's been raining in Charlotte, NC - so they haven't started the race. Amy's playing xBox and I'm doing this. Tomorrow we are going to hang my flag up and if our neighbors are home maybe take something over. Before the big snow we had new neighbors move in on the south wall. He's in the Army and is super nice (as is his wife). I'll probably do some sewing and organizing and figure out something to do with all our leftover strawberries.

No comments: