Sunday, October 16, 2011

Me & The Macs

Two days into my mini vacation in Southern California & I am having a fantastic time. 

Saturday I took an early flight into John Wayne Airport - Orange County.  I got my car and drove to Mission Viejo to see my grandparents.  I haven't seen them since I moved to Washington.  I made lunch and we sat around and talked.

 Just after I got to my hotel, I got to see the Mac's.  Roger & I worked together at Oak Glen Outdoor School and have kept in touch ever since.  I met his wife Andrea once before they were married.  They have three beautiful girls.  The family has been in the states for about three weeks visiting the U.S. and just got back from Walt Disney World.  We drove out to Yucaipa California to meet up with people we used to work with and for.  It was fun to see them again. 

Sunday we went to breakfast at IHOP and then drove to Hollywood to take pictures with the Hollywood Sign.  Mackenzie really enjoyed putting her hands in all the handprints in front of the Chinese Theater.  We drove back and relaxed around their hotel room.  They brought me a big bag of goodies including a bank to save for my New Zealand trip and some NZ money to get started.  We ended the day with Cheesecake @ Cheesecake Factory.

Tomorrow we are going to Knott's Berry Farm.  I can't remember the last time I went there.  I'm totally excited. 

No comments: