Sunday, June 20, 2010

A couple of Summer Recipes

It's raining here in Washington, but I was organizing my recipes and thought I'd share a few of my favorite summertime recipes.


Pizza Pasta Salad


8 oz uncooked spiral pasta

½ tsp cornstarch

1/3 cup water

¼ cup grated parmesan cheese

¼ cup red wine or cider vinegar

2 TBSP olive oil

1 tsp dried oregano

½ tsp salt

½ tsp garlic powder

1/8 tsp pepper

1 ½ cup halved cherry tomatoes

¾ cup cheddar cheese

¾ cup motz cheese

½ cup sliced green onions

½ cup sliced pepperoni

Cook pasta according to directions. Drain and rinse

In small saucepan combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in par. Cheese, vinegar, oil, oregano, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Mix well. In large bowl combine remaining ingredients. Add pasta and dressing. Toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.

It is so good - I can eat this for every meal for days (Which I would have to do anyway because I only feed me)

This one I got from a NASCAR Cookbook
NASCAR – Fruit Salad for the Clumsy


1 can pineapple chunks drained

Fresh strawberries sliced

Fresh raspberries

Banana slices

Grapes

1 can cherry pie filling

Dash grated orange peel

Dash lemon zest

Proportions are not important with this recipe. Gently mix together all of the fruit and the contents of the cherry pie filling to the consistency that you desire (light glaze that will just lightly bind the fruit together). Top off with zest.

We had this at my NASCAR party last year!

This recipe Holly fed me one of the times I went to Cleveland - I want to say the second time, but I'm not sure. 

Holly’s Chicken Salad


1 large can all white chicken meat

½ cup slivered seasoned almonds (ranch)

2-3 diced green onion stalks

1-2 small diced celery stalks

2 tsp ranch mix powder

Enough may to mix it all

Salt and pepper to taste


Combine all the ingredients, chill and serve on croissants.




I hope you have a wonderful summer!

No comments: